Thursday, May 21, 2009

Share your story

Someone left a comment on yesterday's entry.....said that many women don't have the opportunity to share that way either....aside from 'the rooms'.....or maybe I dreamt it? the comment isn't there now....

but I've been thinking about that....

not only that...

but the NEED that we have to tell our stories.....
and how difficult it is to do.

not JUST cg's.
humans.

we all have one.
a story.

and...I think....a need to be known.

but that's scary.
what if I share who I am.....and you laugh...or otherwise reject me?

I think...it's important to tell our stories...to get it out....but it IS important that we choose carefully who we tell what to.

I mentioned that I've gone on other girl's trips...with different groups of women.

There are many women that I would not bare my soul to.

I've found that when someone opens up to ME....I am more free to share who I am.

and visa versa--

a while back...when I was having troubles with my son....some of what was going on was widely known, thanks to gossip.
but
it seemed like it freed others to share their woe's with me.

maybe a part of it was an effort to make me feel better 'you are not alone'....but I think....a bigger part of it was that...they felt that I was a 'safe place' to share....after all...I would understand....I was going thru similar stuff.

Anyway....
sharing our stories is important......and having a safe place to do so is necessary....so...regardless of your sex.....find a safe place to share yours....and if you can't find one...get to a room.

alone is too lonely.

No comments: