Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lonely

This is such a lonely disease.

I avoided people who care about me...not wanting to face them, not wanting to lie (any more than I already was), and CERTAINLY not wanting to spend any of my time (that I could've been gambling) to talk to or do things with anyone else!

That's one of the things that make it so hard to stop...we are alone...

even when there are PHYSICALLY people in our lives...spouses, parents, children, whomEVER...we have, more often than not, isolated from them emotionally...they have no idea what is going on with us...or what we are feeling inside.

We are alone.

Finding places to share our stories...to hear others' stories...discovering that there are others like us...who 'get' us... geez...that felt so good to me...I was *not* alone..

I mean...i WAS...

but...I wasn't really....

I was not the only one experiencing these things...there were others like me...RELIEF!!!

alone is too lonely.

you don't have to be alone.

There are several online support groups...find one that appeals to you....
Post your story.
Email someone peganony@yahoo.com
Call a hotline
Get to a gamblers anonymous meeting
Attend online meetings
Go to a chat room for cg's
ANY of it...
but DO SOMETHING!!
REACH OUT...
You deserve your life.
xo

No comments: