Sunday, August 15, 2010

What other people think of me

Since I've been in recovery I've heard it said that "what other people think about you is none of your business".

Yesterday I said I care a lot less about what other people think of me than I used to.

I don't mean that I can treat people badly because it doesn't matter if they like me or not.

It means.... I will treat them well....because it is who I am.....and whether or not they like me is really of no consequence.

I used to care a whole lot if people didn't like me.

I needed people to like me even when I DIDN'T like them!

the difference is not in how I behave...but how I THINK...

I used to do the RIGHT things for the WRONG reasons.
now I do the RIGHT things for the RIGHT reasons (because it's the right thing to do!)

well

that's the goal anyway :)

No comments: