Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We are sick, sick people.

It really bothers me when people say that.

I mean….

I acknowledge that the biology in (most of) us is different of that from ‘normal’ people…which would probably qualify as ‘sick’.

I even call it an illness.

And I believe that it is.

But…I hear someone say ‘I am SOOOO sick’ or ‘I am sick, sick, sick’…in *MY* mind that translates to something like:

I am bad and I repulse myself.


And I’m not and I don’t.

And neither should you.


I don’t hear cancer patients sitting around…belittling themselves that they are sick sick people (in a self-demeaning sort of way).


Neither should we.


Yeah…I *KNOW* we’ve hurt people…I *KNOW* we’ve done some crappy things….maybe TERRIBLE things.

OK.

Now we get it….now we know what’s wrong…and what we can do to change things.

It’s not easy….

Because…there is a part of us that doesn’t WANT to change….THAT part of the brain isn’t affected by consequences….it just wants (or needs) to feel good…and it knows how.

For a while,
For me
It was a war….

A war within myself

And everything was at stake.

Much love to you.
Try.

No comments: