Monday, November 10, 2008

one day at a time

I met another of my online friends Friday night. We went to dinner....it was great. ((((1 week today! good for youuuu))))

I've been doing really well...lots going on in my life...mostly good...but got the wind knocked out of my sails this morning.

these boys {sigh}

anyway

i'm just sort of...i dunno...melancholy today...laid down for a while...feel tired, although i really shouldn't be...don't feel depressed really...just distant....removed.

resigned?

Anyway, I was saying...up til today, things have been going really well...and USUALLY when that happens...after some period of time....I start to worry...knowing that at some point, sh*t will happen....and I start waiting for it....I avoid thinking about how good things are, thinking I might somehow 'jinx' it --
so THIS time....I made sure not to do that.

I knew that something bad would happen eventually (it always does....it's just a part of being alive)...but I decided that I was NOT gonna 'anticipate the yuck' but would delight in this period of calm and abundance...and so i did.

And now.....Even tho everything isn't going my way...there are still things to be grateful for, and at the moment, I am still able to see them :)

I'll try to stay focused on that.

some days I really don't want to 'stay in' LOL but....I'll just deal with the tasks immediately before me.

just....living...odaat

No comments: