Friday, May 23, 2008

Embezzling money in order to gamble

Again and again I say that it’s not about the money…but then….money does play a role, doesn’t it?

I mean…no money, no gambling.

I gave up all access to money..and I COULDN’T gamble…even when I wanted to.

So…I didn’t START gambling to get money…

And when I was gambling…money was no object…

But then…on the ride home….it WAS all about the money…

Again.


I’ve talked before about the fact that my relationship with money was NEVER healthy…but…when I was gambling….I started thinking…

What’s the big deal?
It’s only paper?

Why do people think it’s so important?

If….you have enough to take care of your needs….then….why not give the excess to ME?? (so that I can gamble).

Many people..MANY people have ended up in jail for embezzling money in order to feed their gambling addiction.

‘NORMAL’ people.

People who had not committed crimes previously.

Bankers, attorneys, real estate developers, doctors, bookkeepers, policemen, ministers, convenience store clerks, secretaries, moms, grandmothers, the girl next door..….people from all walks of life… are being prosecuted for embezzling money from their employers or their clients.

I can easily see how that could happen.

Easily.

How about….

I’ll just take $100….and put it right back when I win.
And I win.
And put it back.

So….the next time I’m ‘busted’….try it again.
Maybe I win…again…and put it back.

Maybe the next time, I don’t win.
But I have to put it back….
I can only put it back if I win it.
In order to win….I need money to play…

So I’ll just take another hundred…..and put it right back when I win.

I don’t win.

I take $500……with this…I can get $700….I’ve done it before.

At that point…it’s not even ‘fun’ any more.

It’s not fun when you’re gambling because you NEED to get money.
That feeling is FRANTIC….NOT fun.

And the hole just gets deeper and deeper.

I can easily see…how that happens.

To the best of us.

To any of us.

I didn’t do that.

Yet.

No comments: