Thursday, May 29, 2008

taking a break...

I’m leaving town for a few days.

I really need it….I am worn out…

A friend said to me recently ‘but you like it that way.’

It stunned me.

Do I?

It would certainly appear that I do…otherwise…why am I DOING all of these things?

So, just stop, right?

But..that’s sort of like saying…you don’t like being in debt, so just don’t!

I mean…you can take STEPS…to begin the process….and make better choices….but you cannot just ‘be out of debt’ because it suits you!

I have made choices….and this….this is not what I CHOSE…these are the CONSEQUENCES of what I have chosen….

I will try to choose in a wiser fashion in the future…so that I am not overextended….


how are you doing?

have you found a way? to stop?

i have found...that...while it isn't easy (if it was easy, there would not be places like gambler's anonymous, safe harbor, gamcare, this blog!...etc., etc.) there are some very specific things that we can do...that often aid us in stopping.

reaching out...as you have done...is key...
but then...
don't stop there...
get involved...reading..posting..PARTICIPATING SOMEWHERE....(even if it's just as a lurker)...do it daily.....educate yourself…don’t be alone in this….

never stop trying to stop....
you deserve your life.

Back Monday.
I won’t have the ability to respond to email.
Take care of you.
Love,
Peg

No comments: