Saturday, February 16, 2008

I have Power

I’ve been thinking….what was the FIRST thing I had to do…to start this process of breaking free.

The SECOND thing that I had to do…was the most empowering….likely the most important.

The FIRST thing I had to do was acknowledge and admit my powerlessness over gambling (g.a. Step 1)…but

The SECOND thing I had to do….was acknowledge where I AM POWERFUL!

And I do have Power.


Interesting that….almost everything that I thought I COULD control…I now know that I cannot…and many of the things that I believed I could NOT control…I absolutely can.

I am learning that…the only thing that I can control is ME.
And
That is EXACTLY what I thought I could not control…

I am learning to control my thoughts.

I have always been a compulsive thinker…and I wasn’t even aware of it…this mind buzzing around…thinking this, thinking that…(is that the attention deficit disorder?)….is that what a.d.d. is??? Is that the diagnosis that we give to people who are thinking compulsively??

Soooo….I’m learning how to slow down my THOUGHTS….

deep breathing…and meditating… help me to slow down….

I am learning that WHAT I think..often influences how I FEEL.

I am learning that my thoughts and my feelings have a huge impact on what’s going on with this body of mine.

I am discovering that…as I learn new things, I become more and more empowered….having new knowledge allows me to look at things in different ways.

Today…I seek out people that inspire me…people who bring out the best in me….people who ‘have something I want’…in terms of their life…peace..serenity….I seek people, places and things that ‘lift’ me….and I try to lift others.

There is so much more to this life than I ever imagined.

No comments: