Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rough morning

There are several types of 'bad days'... there's the bad day when you find out that your biopsy results are not good...or someone you love has died...the BIG things.

but then...there is the day-to-day stuff...

for ME...the day to day stuff is hard because...I KNOW it's not important...I KNOW it's just menial things...but I STILL get all worked up.

Traffic was horrendous this morning which meant my son would be late for school....which is a problem...he has a teacher who is giving him a hard time already....we don't need to make waves....AND...my OTHER son just changed schools (an entirely DIFFERENT set of stresses there)...and if HE hadn't done THAT...we would NOT have been in that particular location...and we would NOT have been late....then..people were going in the other (wrong) lane...then cutting the line..the guy in front of me must've let 40 cars in arghhhhhh!!!!

The entire time I was there...it was an inner battle...I KNEW I couldn't do anything about it...and getting upset was not helping anything....and I'd calm myself down....then...I'd get all worked up again....curse at the guy in front of me, apologize to my son....laugh...breathe deeply....and be ok for a few minutes...then....pissed off again. LOL

It wasn't sitting in traffic that bothered me....it was my son....being protective of him...not wanting him to suffer consequences for something that was beyond his control.

*HE* was fine....why get upset? nothing HE could do about the situation.

good for him....maybe he won't end up in recovery :)

hmmmm.....not sure that came out right....since recovery is the best thing that happened to me...

maybe what I mean is.....perhaps...my children can gain the wisdom..reap the rewards of living a recovery-like life....without actually having to RECOVER from anything.

well....I got through the morning... the 'new' way....

I calmed myself.
All is well.

No comments: