Sunday, February 17, 2008

If you are still in the cycle.....

There was a time, when, if I had read something like this blog, I would have been so far from relating to it…it would have been so foreign to me...these concepts…these ideas.

There was a time, when, I believed that life was a series of days…that I just had to get through…no purpose for being here…it all seemed so mundane and useless…MEANINGless and….for naught.

I felt that way when I was gambling…I felt that way BEFORE I developed an addiction.

I mean…I was sometimes happy…but…for the most part, I was just existing…going through the motions.

And now….

Now that I am HERE…in THIS place…where everything seems so clear to me…it is difficult to comprehend…that I was ever ‘there’…in that misery…of addiction…the hopelessness and despair.

It is so far from where I am today.

But

I *WAS* there….and NOW..I am *HERE*….

There is no question about it…I *WAS* there…

So…I am proof…there *IS* hope…there *IS* a way out

And

I am not the only one

Many people….have gone to prison because of this addiction…have wanted to die..have TRIED to die (sadly…many have succeeded)….many have lost everything….material possessions, jobs, families…EVERYTHING…and yet…today… they are not gambling

And

Are happy.

There was a time when I could not have believed it…and…even if THEY could do it…*I* could not have…and…even if I *COULD* stop gambling…I couldn’t be happy…I could certainly never be happy without it….I didn’t really want to stop…I couldn’t.

It was an illusion.

I was a slave…and I had been brain-washed.

Today…I am free.

I am truly free…

If you are still struggling…still in the cycle….know that….it is possible….it CAN be done…YOU can do it…can break free…and can be happy....there is proof…*I* am proof.

There is hope.
Never stop trying to stop.

No comments: