Monday, January 19, 2009

Change is hard

funny how...with time......lots of those sayings I've heard all of my life come to have different meanings for me...or maybe I really understand the true meaning for the first time?

I've always hear that...'change is hard'.

I used to think 'not for me!'

I like change :)

a new school...new friends...new job...change, to me = 'fresh start'.

I know that for some people..ANY sort of change is hard...one of my children really likes routine....any change at all...even a change that you THINK would be a GOOD change can really rock his world.

so I used to think.....'yeah, change is hard for some people'

but now

i'm starting to think....that what this really means is CHANGING is hard.

not EXTERNAL changes....

things that change who I AM are difficult.

I've noticed.....since I've been paying attention to how life works...that usually, we change through crisis.

and

AFTER I've changed...it isn't so hard...it is the CHANGING that is so difficult....

being a caterpillar is ok
and being a butterfly is ok too.......

the metamorphosis from one to the other.....and the FEAR of what will be, once the crisis/change is complete......THAT is where acceptance comes in.

No comments: