Sunday, April 13, 2008

Passion

Here we are.....living our lives.

Is this..what you thought it would be like?

Your life?

Is this..what you WANT it to be like?

So often...we are unhappy with our current situation, but we think...we can't change it....

or...we decide that we cannot be happy unless we have this or that...or this person loves us...blah blah blah

at some point

and right now is as good a time as any

we have to say....'this is my life'

MY
ME

and take responsibility for it.

nobody else is gonna do it.

nobody else CAN do it.

if we are gonna be happy..the first thing that we have to do is DECIDE to be happy.

then....figure out what MAKES us happy...not what we NEED...or what has to change...or what we WISH could happen to or for us..but

what can we do?

what can *I* do....that is satisfying?

I asked of someone recently......'what are you passionate about?'....and then...that person asked me.

it was an eye opener.

I mean....I'm pretty happy these days.....but

what am I PASSIONATE about?

and.....if I don't know what it is...that I am passionate about....

how can I possibly think that I would be DOING it????

No comments: