Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Away again.

I keep thinking that things are gonna slow down 'as soon as' this or that.

I'm sure they will...but not anytime real soon, I think.

I am tired....have been so busy...but I really can't complain too much. A big part of the reason I've been so busy is that I've gone on two trips recently....and in a few hours, I will board a plane to London.

London.

How did this happen?
How did I go from a desperate woman who thought that life was empty....and that if there HAD BEEN any happiness to be found...I'd destroyed any hope of it....how did I go from that person...to me?

How is it that I thought that I could never be happy if I were unable to gamble....when, in fact....the most UNHAPPY time of my life....was due to gambling.

Well...it HAS happened.

This really IS my life....
it's not perfect....

but it's good-
and it's mine-

and today...I want it.

I want to live.

Who woulda thunk it?


* * * * *
Back next week.
Recovery does work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is better in recovery.. much better. :) Enjoy your trip