Wednesday, August 6, 2008

finding things that work for me

So I'm making lists.

I don't accomplish everything on them...BUT....in the past two days....I have marked things off of my list that I have no doubt...would not have been done otherwise.

For months I've known I needed to start doing this....the lists....but I didn't do it anyway.

I do that a lot.

I know what I SHOULD do...but I just don't.

There are other things that I should be doing.....

I haven't been practicing 'awareness'.

that is obvious when I can't find my car keys or I leave the house and wonder if I unplugged the iron or if I locked the front door.

If I was PRESENT and AWARE when I set down the keys or locked the door....if I was paying ATTENTION to what I was doing...then, later....there would have been no question as to whether or not it was done...

and meditating....it sounds so new age...that word....but....just sitting still...being quiet....and quieting my mind for a few minutes every morning was making a big difference in my level of peace.

I stopped doing that when the boys got out of school....lol...it's not QUIET here any more!!!

they'll be back in school in less than two weeks.....and I'll add those things to my lists :)

No comments: