Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stress

I've been working long days (and nights) since we came back from our trip.

work has been pretty stressful.

and there are still groceries to get, meals to cook and clothes to wash....and preparations for returning to school.

home has been pretty stressful too.

My family took in foster children when I was growing up.

Tons of kids came and went.
Some stayed for a day or two...some stayed for years.

Some of them were disabled.

One baby boy came to live with us when he was only 18 months old.....long story short...we are the only family he has ever known...he is in his 30's now...and I am his 'sister'.

He has lived in an institution, about six hours away, for many years...but when Mom was alive, he would go 'home' for holidays and summer breaks.

When Mom died...he started calling me.

Off and on throughout the years I've had him come to stay with us.
It was tough...but....do-able....only for a few days....and only once in a while...

but he just moved here....he is local.

he calls me several times a day.

I've lost my patience with him a few times recently :(

another big BIG source of stress.


I know that I need to slow down.

Years ago, I was seeing a therapist who used to ask "what makes Peg run?"

I am like a hamster on a wheel.

It *FEELS* like these are things that I must do.....it *FEELS* like I don't CHOOSE to run....

I *THINK* that I would like to have some 'down-time'.

maybe I'll add that to my list too :)

xo

No comments: