Saturday, August 23, 2008

More on 'extra money'

There was a time when that was an oxymoron for me....



anything 'extra' was gone.



maybe....my whole life?



when I wasn't gambling it away....I was spending it.



anyway.....I have a friend in recovery who did not have the luxury (and it IS a luxury...even tho it may not FEEL like it)... of having someone to handle their money for a while...



so this friend says...that one of the things that helped her in early recovery was 'staying broke'.....after the bills were paid...if there was any 'extra money'...she would make an EXTRA car payment...or house payment..or WHATEVER... another 'roadblock'



but having money.....especially 'extra' money.... can be a trigger.



Anyway....it just feels good to have ENOUGH for a change.

No comments: