Thursday, July 31, 2008

One thing at a time

I didn't make the meeting.

I've been working 12 hour days all week for a deadline at work.
Today was the deadline.
I met it...but I still have a lot of important tasks that must be done asap.

Funny...I live my life tired.
I'm always tired...exhausted.

but

as little as I've been sleeping...and as much as I've been working...and under quite a bit of pressure...I feel ok.

Most of the time I feel like I am spread too thin, not doing anything well enough....rushing here and rushing there....doing SOME work at the office...SOME work at home...I try so hard but I just don't have enough (of ME) to accomplish what is on my plate.

and....don't get me wrong...THIS...is not the answer...I'm neglecting everything else....the house is a wreck...I'm not spending much time with my family or my friends...

but SOMETHING is being done well :)

and....my energy is FOCUSED....I am not distracted at all when I am at work (at the moment).

I know that balance is the answer....
and I THINK...

that if I can manage...to FOCUS on ONE thing at a time...and do that thing WELL...

that my life will be easier
and I will feel better.

sweet dreams,
Peg

No comments: