Monday, March 31, 2008

Fill the void.

we cannot stop gambling...and not fill that time with something else....there is a vaccum....most of us don't REMEMBER what we used to do with our time when we were still 'normal'...

the years that i gambled...i sort of lost who i was...no..not sort of...i REALLY lost who i was....

I didn’t know what I enjoyed doing…or

The fact is…I DIDN’t enjoy anything any more…aside from gambling….I could not SIT STILL….

I know that…right this minute my problem is the opposite…I’m overwhelmed….too much on my plate….but most of us..myself included…when we first stop gambling….have lots of time to kill….too much space….and no idea what to do with it.

We’ve isolated….so are removed from our friends….we are lonely and bored…a recipe for disaster.

So we have to find healthy things to do….exercise…catch up on correspondence…make a phone call that you’ve been putting off for months…or write a REAL-OLD FASHIONED- LETTER!!!
Put the shoe box of photos into an album…rent that movie that you’ve been wanting to see…read a book…go to a gambler’s anonymous meeting…get a second job…..or…better yet….do something for someone ELSE.

It’s not necessary to change the world…or even OUR OWN LIVES today….we just need to do one little thing….one thing that will mean filling some time…right now.

Something that will take us one step closer..to where we want to be.

No comments: