Saturday, March 1, 2008

is there good without evil?

I’ve been asking all sorts of questions….

I feel..so much peace…like I have never felt before…and LOVE…

The more I feel this…the more confused I am...or...

the more I learn..the more I know I don't know :)

I've been thinking....

Why is there evil in the world?
Why is there Suffering?

I have often heard that ‘there cannot be good without bad….light without darkness’.

Bullsh*t.

Good without good is JUST GOOD.
Light without darkness is JUST LIGHT.
NO SUFFERING = ONLY JOY!!

Why not?

On a few occasions recently I have been in the car when the sky was a mass of clouds except for a few small openings…and the sun shone through those openings as a beam…a stream of light….it looked magnificent…funny…even my boys thought it was cool..and they don’t think ANYTHING that *I* think is cool..is cool.

It happened this morning…and I was looking at it…those strands of light…and I started thinking…those beams…are always there…anytime the sun is shining…but…when there are no clouds…the beams are not defined…without clouds, my day is bathed in light from the sun and…we don’t notice the beams at all…until the sun is (partially) blocked.

Don’t notice…until there is a ‘lack of’.

So I started thinking about this good and evil thing….how…we would not understand the concepts of good and evil if both did not exist….so yes, without the concepts..there would be no good.

It would be there.

We just wouldn’t know it.

My thinking started getting pretty deep here….then….I began to wonder…

What if…for instance…there was no sound.

No sound at all.

No chirping birds, no music, no speech….nothing..no sound at all…or at least, if there WAS….we didn’t have the ability to hear it…none of our ears worked….no sound at all.

We would not understand the concept of silence…there would be no such thing as silence….it would just be ‘what is’….how could we understand what silence was…if we did not have any idea at all that NOISE existed??

And what if…

A few people…a small percentage….were able to hear?

What would they think about that? About sound?

How would they describe it to those of us that had never experienced it?

Would we believe them?

No comments: